Your privacy is important to the Victorian Hospitals’ Industrial Association (VHIA). This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that VHIA collects, and the ways in which VHIA uses that personal information.
The VHIA is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The VHIA may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 20 May 2011.
Personal information collection
The VHIA requires this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- VHIA may use the information to improve our products and services.
- VHIA may periodically send promotional emails about training courses, member forums, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, VHIA may also use your information to contact you for member survey/research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests and requirements.
The VHIA is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information VHIA collects online.
VHIA may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to member surveys and/or offers
- information about your use of the VHIA website
- information that you provide for the purpose of registering with the website
- information about transactions carried out over the VHIA website
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the VHIA website services
- any other information that you send to VHIA
Using personal information
- Use the information to provide VHIA members with valuable products and services.
- Develop products that reflect strong privacy standards and practices.
- Make the collection of personal information transparent.
- Give VHIA members meaningful choices to protect their privacy.
- Be a responsible steward of the information VHIA holds.
VHIA may use your personal information to:
- administer this website
- personalize the website for you
- enable your access to and use of the website services
- publish information about you on the website
- supply to you services that you purchase
- send you statements and invoices
- collect payments from you
- send you training and course information; and
- send you marketing communications.
VHIA will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless VHIA has your permission. VHIA may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Where VHIA discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, VHIA may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
VHIA will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
VHIA will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
If you are registering for a paid event as an Invitee, we may request payment information to conclude the transaction as well as your mailing address or other contact information to ensure authentication and proper delivery. We use industry-standard secure socket layer (SSL) encryption. We do not sell or rent your personal financial information. When you engage in an eCommerce transaction on our site using a credit card, your credit card information, including the number and expiration date is stored in encrypted format. You can decline to provide credit card information and any other information at our site at any time. If you should choose to withhold requested information; however, we may not be able to provide you with the full spectrum of our services.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
The VHIA website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave the VHIA site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, VHIA cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
VHIA is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- by post to: 88 Maribyrnong Street, Footscray, VIC 3011.